3B9C Pilot Strategy
3B9C Pilot Strategy.
During the 3B9C DXpedition, the team received over 75 emails a day to a
special mailbox. This mailbox is no longer in use.
The information below was published as a guide to use of the mailbox and
remains here as a matter of record.
1. We will not be appointing conventional pilots as in the past.
2. We have established a special e-mail address to which anyone can send
messages to us. These e-mails will be automatically routed to us on the
island, where we expect to have a good e-mail service, using the generic
e-mail address. (address was stated here).
These e-mails will receive an automatic standard acknowledgement.
3. No skeds will be made (other than for EME), but we do want to hear your
feedback on our operating - are we covering your area of the world properly,
are we listening on frequencies which are clear and OK for your area, are
there some important band openings we are missing, etc? Before you e-mail
us, you should check the latest bulletins on this Web site - we may already
have answered your question!
4. We will not reply to anyone individually but we will place our general
responses on our web site and, if practical, will circulate them to the
amateur radio press.
5. Two team members have agreed to process these “pilot” e-mails on a daily
6. Team members will be briefed about important issues arising from the
“pilot” e-mails at the daily team meetings.